Thursday, June 19, 2008

So Lonely - A tribute to Loudness

Never before, a heavy metal rock band from Asia was able to burst into stardom as successful as Loudness.

Originated from Japan, the group was made up of 4 band members- Minoru Niihara (vocals), Akira Takasaki (Guitar), Masayoshi Yamashita (Bassis) & Munetaka Higuchi (Drums). Their style of music genre has greatly influenced the era of rock in the Asia continent, as far back in the 80s.

After streaks of uncoutable success, the downfall of Loudness began when vocalist Niihara left the band in 1988. An American singer, Mike Vescara, stepped in to replace the missing link in 1989, where the band managed to produce a hit song - Soldier Of Fortune.

The originality of Loudness soon diminished, when their style of music was no different from the other US counterparts, and that suffered the band's popularity.

Then, after many replacements of its members, Loudness was never the same. Only in 2001, Loudness was revived to its original line-up to take on the world again.

Just as sudden, the rock arena became 'so lonely', when Loudness finally disbanded in 2008.

END OF A LEGACY. *Sad :-(

LOUDNESS (LIVE) - So Lonely (Japanese version)

So Lonely (English version)

So far away
You've been gone all the while
I'm feeling lonely like a homeless child
This clown pretends
everything's all right
While his heart is breakin' inside

So lonely, so lonely for you
Oh baby, Oh baby
I'm so lonely
What can I do
I'm trapped
I'm livin' without you

You're all that I have
I can't leave you behind
The touch of your love
Oh it burns me inside
I should break away
But I've nowhere to run
I'm trapped
I'm livin' without you

Love gone wrong
Love gone blind
Tears may flow
Till the end of time
Can't let go
To what I left behind
I've awaited too long

So lonely, so lonely for you
Oh baby, Oh baby
I'm so lonely
What can I do
I'm trapped
I'm livin' without you